ANNUAL REPORT 2015-16
1 . 21/06/2015 – World Yoga day Senior yoga expert and retired teacher of Chandrabhaga Tukoba Naik Higher Secondary School Mr. Vasudevrao Peshwe was invited as the Guest for the function. He explained the importance of yoga in our life. Our student Mast. Suvet Lotlikar had demonstrated various yogasanas and Sir Peshwe explained the importance of the asanas. Students, teachers and members had participated in the World Yoga Day programme.
2 . 10/07/2015 – Vanmahotsav Vanmahotsav started with a rally on the importance of Clean Environment & Tree plantation Awareness from our school premises to Curchorem market. Students, staff and Members of the school took part in the rally. Plant saplings were distributed to the locals from Curchorem during the rally.
The programme continued at Sarvodaya School. Our guests gave talk on Clean Goa Green Goa & Importance of Tree Plantation to Students of Local regular schools. Distributed Fruit bearing tree saplings to students.
Our M.L.A. Shri Nilesh Cabral planted a tree sapling at our school premises.
3 . 17/07/2015 – EID celebrated by making kheer & other sweets by the students under the guidance of the teacher. To add more glitters decorated hall with stars and moon. Few local Muslim brothers also visited the school with their families. Qawalli was sung by all. All the students and staff were served with the prepared delicacy.
4 . 29/07/2015 Tribute to Late Dr. A.P.J. Abdul Kalam
All the staff of Chetna Education Society, Governing body, PTA members, students and parents were present for the meet. Garland was put on the portrait of Late Dr. Abdul Kalam, followed by 2 min silence. PTA Chairman Mr. Satish Lotlikar delivered a speech on late Dr. Kalam & mentioned some of his famous quotes.
5 . 31/07/2015 – Guru Poornima was celebrated in our school . On the occasion of Guru Poornima all the teaching and non teaching staff were felicitated with a token of love for rendering their services. Different games & competitions were organised. Parents involved by presenting Events. PTA Chairman Mr. Satish Lotlikar explained about Guru Poornima.
6 . 03/08/2015 – Friendship day was celebrated by tying friendship belts among our students, and uttering happy friendship day. Teachers and students sang few songs which made celebration more joyful.
7 . 13/08/2015 – Rakhi Stall– A week before Rakshabandhan, a Rakhi stall was put up at Curchorem Market to develop self confidence and to showcase the talents of our vocational section. The profit after sale was distributed among the students.
8 . 14/08/2015 – Patriotic Song Group Singing at Margao Our Students performed a Patriotic song at a competition Organized by Yuva de Goa at Ravindra Bhavan Margao . For the first time our students performed patriotic song on the public stage. Our student Mast.Shivam Naik accompanied them on the keyboard. They also had given us the opportunity to put up the Rakhi stall.
9. 15/08/2015 – Patriotic Song Group Singing at Curchorem Our Students performed a Patriotic song on the occasion of Independence Day at Curchorem Cacora Municipality. Function attended by all the Councillors and the members of CCMC and eminent social workers of area.
10. 15/08/2015 – Independence day Students, teachers and members of the school attended the flag hoisting ceremony , Our chairman Mr. Keshav Naik hosted the flag , after national anthem our school Secretary Mr. Nandesh Vasta delivered a speech , Our student performed a song Hum honge kamyab .
11 . 15/08/2015 – Patriotic Song Group Singing at Curchorem Our Students gave one more Patriotic song performance on the same day at the function organized by Utkranti Kala Kendra at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem .
12 . 28/08/2015 – Felicitation of Goan special Athletes Feliciation programme was organized at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem. Felicitated all Victorious Special children and coaches of special schools of Goa at Summer Olympic Games held at Los Angeles by generous tokens and flowers. Director of Special Olympics Bharat Goa Mr. Victor Vaz was also felicitated. Curchorem MLA Mr. Nilesh Cabral was the Chief Guest of this function. Welcome dance was performed by Anamika Dance group.
13 . 29/08/2015 – Raksha Bhandan Function was held in our school to give message of love between brother and sister .The girls tied the Rakhis to Boys & Members which were made by themselves.
14 . 05/09/2015 – Teachers day programme was organized by PTA members of the Chetna School. Students did an act-out. They were given an opportunity to say few words on their favourite teachers. Teaching & non Teaching staff were felicitated on the ocassion.
15 . 14/09/2015 – Ganesh Chathurti Our students, staff , parents and members of the school made the beautiful Ganesh idol much in advance for the Chaturti Celebration. On the occasion of Ganesh Chaturthi, we worshipped the same idol. To make the function more gorgeous students sang aartis of lord Ganesh. Prasad prepared by our students was distributed to all present. Sweet dish competition was also organised for the parents.
16 .27/09/2015 Stem – Cell Therapy awareness Motive of this program was to make parents aware about stem cell therapy. Chetna School and Dambabache Ghode Saunstha Margao in association with Neurogen Brain & Spine Institute Mumbai organized Awareness programme on stem cell therapy Students from other special school along with their parents attended the programme. They were also given free O.P.D service .Guests of the function were Damu Naik Fatorda MLA and Shri Keshav Naik Chairman of the Chetna School .
17 . 02/10/2015 – Gandhi jayanti – Chetna School celebrated Gandhi Jayanti and Lal Bhadur Shastri jayanti in different way by giving new free life to birds by making them liberated from the cage. Guests for the programme were Mr. Anand Naik, Press Reporter and Mrs. Reema Kakodkar ( Daughter of Freedom Fighter, late Shri. Madhukar Mordekar). They also delivered speeches on Gandhi Jayanti.
18 . 05/10/2015 – CSR Activity Corporation Bank Curchorem Branch organized a small programme in our school . Manager Mr. Abhishek Kumar , Mrs.Poornima Manohar (A.G.M) and two staff were present for the programme. They delivered small speech and then donated us Refrigerator, Keyboard and Sewing Machine under their CSR activity.
19 . 15/10/2015 – Late Dr. Abdul Kalam jayanti – Our School celebrated birth anniversary of Dr. Abdul Kalam. Lamp was lit by the chairman of the school Shri Keshav Naik, Shri Nandesh Vasta secretary of the school and Shri Satish Lotlikar PTA president. Students put garland on the portrait of Dr. Abdul Kalam and beautiful Speeches were shared by the teachers on memories of Dr. Abdul Kalam .
20 . 06/11/2015 – Children’s day was celebrated in remembrance of Chacha Nehru’s birthday.Teachers played the role of children. Teaching and non teaching staff performed a wonderful dance and drama. Students had come in beautiful colourful dresses. The students enjoyed the day with dance, games and sweets were distributed to all.
21 . 07/11/2015 – Diwali Festival is the festival of light it was celebrated in Chetna School with various competitions organized by our talented teachers , competitions like rangoli and aakash kandeel making along with the parents . PTA committee had arranged surprising gifts and sweets for our lovely students and for the staff members of the school. Prizes were given to all the winners of the competitions.
22 . 09/12/2015 to 18/12/2015 – Exhibition cum sale The students had an opportunity to exhibit their talents at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem.The exhibition was inaugurated by Curchorem MLA Shri. Nilesh Cabral .The students exhibited their outstanding talents through various items different types of flowers, paper bags, Flower pots, Photo frames, Chendeliers, Toran, Pillow covers, Towels etc.
23. 19/12/2015 – Goa liberation day Flag was hoisted by Shri. Nandesh Vasta Secretary of the school followed by National Anthem . All students, teaching, Non teaching staff and members were present . School Incharge Mrs. Rubiya Kakodkar delivered speech on liberation day. Sweets were served .
24 .19/12/2015 – Annual day of Chetna On the occasion of Annual day of Chetna Charitable Trust our school gave outstanding performance at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem. Students, Staff & Parents performed different types of dances . Dr. Atchut Kakodkar ( General Physician), Shri. Janardhan Verlekar ( Reputed C.A.), Proff. Bhaskar Nayak (Director of higher Education) & Shri Ajay Kurdikar ( Mid day Supplier ) were Felicitated on this occasion as they are giving precious time and their paramount dedications for this special children .
25. 20/12/2015 – Bikers Ride As a part of Fund Raising programme, some of our well wishers took initiative to organise the Bikers Ride. People from all over Goa and the neighbouring states had participated in large numbers. Mr. Nilesh Cabral, Curchorem MLA flagged off the event. Fund was collected from all the participants by the organisers and was donated to Chetna School. Few of the participants promised for their continuous help and support to Chetna School.
26 . 22/12/2015 – Christmas is the spirit of giving without the thought of getting and spreading the emotion of love. Prayers and offerings were carried out conveying the massage of caring and sharing. Young entrepreneurs from Curchorem Shri. Sudesh Bandekar and Earl Braganza were the guests of honour who conveyed the message of love and peace. They also distributed gifts and sweets to our students. The Teachers of Chetna school organized Christmas programme with carol singing, dance and games. Christmas tree & Crib were decorated.
27 . 31/12/2015 – New Year Eve – Chetna School celebrated New Year at Cada Hall Curchorem , celebrating to welcome coming year and goodbye to old year . All the students , staff of chetna school, Members of the school along with their families joined to celebrate this event . New Year programme with games, dance, Sweet dish and fancy dress competition for the staff was organised. Our Curchorem MLA Mr. Nilesh Cabral had also joined the party . Prize distribution was done by the members of Chetna School. Dinner was being served to all the people present. At the end take away gifts were given to all the students.
28 . 05/01/2016 – CSR Activity State Bank of India Curchorem branch visited our school. A small programme was organised where in they donated us 8 wheel chairs and 8 stretchers under CSR activity .
29 . 15/01/2016 – Makar sankranti was celebrated with a glimpse of nostalgic traditions that our ancestors followed . The students made ‘tilache ladu’ under guidance of the teachers , The students also made kites which were flown by them at our new school building on open ground . The teachers organized haldi kunku function and distributed ladu, tilgul, chana .
30 . 26/01/2016 – Republic day was celebrated by Chetna School. Our Guest Shri. Vasant Naik a senior citizen of curchorem hoisted the flag along with the School Incharge Mrs. Rubiya Kakodkar, Treasurer of the School Shri. Sunil Naik . Then it was followed by National Integration song by the students. Speech was given by Shri. Satish Lotlikar PTA President .
31 . 30/01/2016 – Road safety week On the occasion of road safety week at chetna school, traffic police Shri Vijay Dessai explained the Traffic Safety rules in a simple way so as to make our children aware of it.
32 . 03/02/2016 to 06/02/2016 – Occupational & Speech Therapy workshop – 4 days occupational Therapy workshop was conducted by the occupational therapists from Mumbai Dr. Prince Kutty and Dr Jay Doshi occupational expert & Dr. Vedashri Mayekar Speech therapists. Therapists observed all the students scheduled therapy for the students and trained the concern teachers.
33 . 08/02/2016 – Float Parade at Curchorem Carnival Chetna School got an opportunity to participate in Float Parade of Carnival. Chetna School exhibited various activities taken in the school in the parade on theme “ DON’T SEE OUR DISAILITY. SEE OUR ABILITY”. Our School won 1st Prize in Club & institution Category.
34. 23/02/2016 – Social Welfare Scheme Awareness Programme Mrs. Sweta Verenkar, one of the staffs of social welfare department explained the various schemes available for children with disability to all the parents and school staff.
35 . 05/03/ 2016 – Sports meet of Chetna School had organized at the undergoing construction school ground . Sports meet was inaugurated by Shri. Ankush Dessai ADEI Quepem and Dr. Atchut Kakodkar General Physician who gives free treatment for our students. Followed by outstanding performances by the students, parents, staff, and members of the school in various sports events organized . Winners were awarded by our guests of honors Shri. Felix Fernandes , Shri Sushant Naik, Shri Balkrishna Hodarkar, Shri Tony Coutinho, Mrs. Jasmin Branganza Concilors of Curchorem Cacoda Municipal Council. CShri Nilesh Cabral MLA of Curchorem constituency
was the Chief Guest for the concluding function.
36 . 23/03/2016 – Holi is the festival of colour. Celebrated Holi with environment friendly Herbal colour. On the occasion of Holi, teachers had organized drawing competition for students and fun games for parents.
37 . 28/03/2016 – Easter day is the day of Jesus resurrection. Chetna School celebrated Easter day by decorating the tree with egg shell. The day witnessed activities by students like drawing and painting on egg shell. Prepared delicious cake for the Easter day. Easter day songs were sung by the students and teachers.
38 . 02/04/2016 – World Autism day was celebrated by Chetna School in unique way. Sensitization programme was organised for the teachers and parents . Showed video’s on How to identify an early stage.
39 . 09/04/2016 – Gudi Padwa was celebrated by the Chetna School. Gudi was decorated with flowers, Mango and Neem leaves, topped with copper vessel. Gudi Padwa is the celebration of New Year . Students, staff, Parents & Members worshiped the Gudi. Teachers gave short speeches on Gudi Padwa & Distributed sweets.
40. 12/04/2016 – Fire Safety – Staff of Curchorem Fire Station gave points on how to take precaution when fire breaks out and move to safety.
41. 17/04/2016 – Mango festival – Mangoes were displayed decoratively & distributed to Students. The students enjoyed the function by tasting delicious Mangoes. All students, Parents, staff and members of the school were present for the function to make it more enjoyable.
42 . 22/04/2016 – Dance Performance was performed by the students, staff and parents at Hotel Cidade de Goa Panaji . at International Doctor’s Conferance. Special message was given through the dance “ How to Treat the Special child. Hon. Governor of Goa Smt. Mridula Sinha inaugurated the function & Distributed Medals to our students. Our students presentation was appreciated by everybody and specially by Her Highness Governor of Goa and were also given a standing ovation by all the people present.
ANNUAL REPORT 2016-17
1. 21/06/2016 – World Yoga day celebration was organized by our school. Yoga Instructor Mrs. Vinda Kakodkar and Mrs. Reema Kakodkar were the Guests for the function. On this occasion our guest Mrs. Vinda Kakodkar gave some important tips regarding yoga. She showed all the Yogasnas practically. Our student Mast Ramu Patil also demonstrated few Yogasanas. All the students along with the teachers and some of the members of Chetna also participated in World Yoga Day.
2. 24/06/2016 – Sao Joao Festival On the occasion of Sao Joao Festival, cooking activity was conducted for the students under the guidance of their teachers. Food items such as ‘Patolyo’ and ‘Sannas’ were made. Beautiful dance was performed by our students and teachers. ‘Kopela’ were also made by our Vocational students.
3. 29/06/2016 – Tree plantation – JCI Club, Curchorem organised tree plantation program at our new school premises. One of their members gave the message on importance of tree plantation and planted some plant saplings along with our students & Staff.
4. 10/07/2016 – MLA Shri. Nilesh Cabral’s Birthday MLA Mr. Nilesh Cabral’s birthday was celebrated at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem, Defence Minister Mr. Manohar Parrikar, MLAs of the other constituencies, Chair Person and Councillors of Curchorem Cacora Muncipal Council, Sarpanch and Panch Members of the local Panchayats and other dignitaries were present for the function. Our students and teachers performed a beautiful dance and also our student Miss Bhavika Kudalkar sang a birthday song for our MLA. We were appreciated by all.
5. 14/07/2016 – ENT and Dental camp was organised by JCI for our students under the leadership of their President Miss Melina Colaco. They checked around 38 students and gave medicines to them. Our Chairman Mr. Nandesh Vasta thanked them with flowers and token of love.
6. 18/07/2016 – Eid, the festival upholds the spirit of brotherhood and love. On the occasion of Eid, the hall was beautifully decorated with moon and stars. Quawali was performed by the staff along with the students. Students also prepared a sweet dish ‘Shirkurma’ with the help of their teachers. Our PTA treasurer Mrs. Afiya B. Shaikh had brought Biryani. Everybody enjoyed the delicious food.
7. 30/07/2016 – Vanmahotsav was celebrated at our new school under construction campus. Shri Darmesh Sachade, a noted Photographer from Mumbai was the guest for this function. He gave a message of Green School Clean School and he also added that it is the responsibility of every citizen to protect the trees and take care of them. Guest along with the students, staff and some of the members planted few saplings.
8. 10/08/2016 Friendship day was celebrated by Chetna School with great Zeal and Excitement by tying friendship belts to each other. The stage came alive when the teachers presented a beautiful song on friendship day. Some of the students briefly spoke about their best friends in the school.
9. 15/08/2016- 69th Independence day Our school celebrated 69th Independence day with great patriotic fervour. The function began with unfurling of the National Flag by our Chief Guest Shri. Narhari Naik, retired Teacher of The New Educational Institute Curchorem. There after students and staff members saluted the flag and sang the National Anthem. Some of our students presented speeches on some of our National Leaders and their struggle in Freedom Movement. Mr. Narahari sir then distributed certificates & tokens to our sports winners at national level. He also shared some lighter moments & funny exercises and made everybody enjoy.
10. 20/08/2016 – Rakshabandhan is one of the most endearing way to celebrate bond between brother and sister celebrated by Chetna School . To strengthen this bond “ Rakhi Making Activity “ was done by all classes . Girls celebrated the occasion by hand made Rakhis for boys and similarly Boys made beautiful cards to Girls .
11. 24/08/2016 – Janmashtami was celebrated at the Chetna School . Children were dressed up as Krishna and Radha. Song on Krishna was performed in an auspicious manner by the students of Pre Vocational class on which our little Krishna and Radha performed a beautiful dance. After that dahi handi was broken by group of students.All the students, Staff, Parents , Members of the school enjoyed the event.
12. 02/09/2016 – Ganesh ChaturthiCelebration Aarti was performed by the students along with their teachers and the members after that Prasad such as ‘Modak’ and ‘Nevryo’ which were made by students was distributed among all. Modak ,Nevryo making competition was also organised for the parents. At the end prize distribution programme was done.
13. 19/09/2016 – Teachers day programme was organised by PTA members of the school. Act-Out on teachers was done by some of our students. After that teachers were felicitated by the PTA committee by giving token of love. PTA Presidents Mrs. Archana Kamat delivered a speech about the hard work and responsibilities taken by the teachers towards the betterment of the students.
14. 21/09/2016 – Eid was celebrated in the school by singing Quawali by the students and teachers. Mr. and Mrs. Bukhari were the special guests for the function. They had brought ‘Shir-kurma’ to all. As a cooking activity, our students had prepared ‘Falooda’. Everyone enjoyed the delicious sweet dish and drink.
15. 02/10/2016 – Gandhi Jayanti – Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Mohandas Karamchand Gandhi was celebrated in our school. Students of Academic class sang a patriotic song and delivered a speech on Gandhiji’s life. A genuine homage was paid to the ‘Father of Our Nation’. After the function, School cleaning activity was taken by the teachers, to display Shram dan and Swatch Bharat initiative.
16. 10/10/2016 – Navaratri & Dussehra Chetna School celebrated Dussehra in school with great enthusiasm and energy. Mrs. Rubiya Kakodkar Incharge of the School spoke about the significance of the festival and how it is celebrated across the country. Dandiya, a traditional dance was presented by all the students and teachers in a graceful manner. Colourful attire worn by the students and teachers and the Dandiya sticks.
17. 17/10/2016 – Visit by Stage Artists from Mumbai Renowned Actor cum Director, Mr. Pramod Pawar and his wife Mrs. Vaibhavi Pawar along with their co-actors Mr. Satish Salagare, Mr. Amol Bawdekar, Mr. Shivaji Redekar, Miss Dipti Bhagwat and Miss Renuka Bodhankar and few others visited our school. They felicitated our students who had participated and won prizes at various levels. They appreciated the selfless work done by the Chetna Team.
18. 24/10/2016 – Diwali Festival – The celebration of Diwali ,’The festival of lights’ came alive at Chetna School, The whole school wore a festive look with Diyas and lanterns adorning the assembly hall in bright colours. The rangoli and decoration was done by the teachers. With the help of teachers, students made Narkasur, Drama was presented by primary class that Lord Krisha back home after his victory over Narkasur. Rangoli competition for students was also conducted.
Favorite dish ( Pohe ) that Lord Krishna liked was made and served.
19. 14/11/2016 – Children’s Day was celebrated at Chetna School with enthusiasm. The Occasion began with dance performance by the teachers followed by various activities like Drama, Games were organized for the students. Different Competition were held & Miss Chetna and Master Chetna awarded to Miss Bhavika Kudalkar & Mast Ramu Patil.
20. 30/11/2016 – 1st All Goa Group Folk Dance Competition for special schools was Organized by Chetna School in assistance with Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem . Total Eleven Special Schools had taken part in this competition. 1st Prize was bagged by St. Xavier’s Academy Old Goa. Chetna School did not participate in the competition being a Host. Chief Guest for the function was Mr. Nilesh Cabral, MLA of Curchorem.
21. 19/12/2016 – 55th Goa Liberation day Chetna School celebrated the 55th Goa Liberation day with great zeal and a feeling of patriotism. This day was celebrated in remembrance of the freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives to make Goans witness the golden day of liberation. Shri. Sandesh Kakodkar Business man and our patron member was the chief Guest for the function who unfurled the national flag and National Anthem sung by all.
22. 19/12/2016 – Annual Gathering of Chetna Special School was held at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem which was started in the evening at 3.00 p.m. with the warm welcome of the Chief Guests Shri. Dayanand Mandrekar Minister of Art & Culture and Shri Nilesh Cabral Curhorem MLA. All the students and staff had participated in this Cultural Bonanza. Students along with the teachers performed various styles of dance performances that left the audience spellbound. Parents also performed a wonderful dance on the stage.
23. 22/12/2016 – Christmas celebration was held in Chetna School. The festive spirit was witnessed among school staff, students, and parents and by exhibiting their talent through songs and dance performances. Students and teachers took part in making a beautiful crib and decorated a Christmas Tree. A wonderful Live Crib act out was done by the students. Carol singing performances were given by the students. Dishes related to Christmas are displayed beautifully on the table. Main attraction of the function was Christmas Cake. Event was full of fun and enjoyment.
24. 31/12/2016 – New Year celebration was organized by Chetna school at Cada Hall Curchorem. Various cultural events such as dances, songs and Games on New year kindled the entire atmosphere. School Incharge Mrs. Rubiya Kakodkar conveyed the New Year greetings to the students. All the students along with the parents, staff, and members of the school enjoyed the New Year party by having delicious lunch.
25. 21/01/2017 – Makar Sankranti was celebrated by Chetna Special School organized by having kite making activity for the students. Tilguls are the attraction of the Makar Sankranti. Tilguls and laadoos made of til (sesame seeds) and gul (jaggery) were prepared by the students in the school. All Students and staff greeted each other Happy Sankranti by saying ‘Tilgul Ghya Aani God God Bola’. Everyone enjoyed by flying the kites on ground of our new under construction school. Haldi-Kumkum, a traditional function was celebrated among the staff and the parents.
26. 26/01/2017 – The 64th Republic Day of India was celebrated at Chetna Special School with a great deal of patriotic enthusiasm. The day began with the hoisting of the Indian flag by the Chief Guest Shri. Tanaji Naik Gaonkar Civil Engineer and Contractor, followed by the National Anthem. The events included a beautiful piece of patriotic Konkani song. The programme concluded with very inspiring speech given by the Manager and of the School, Shri.. Satish Lotlikar. Fancy dress of great Indian leaders competition was organized for our students.
27. 28/01/2017 – Music directors and team from Mumbai visit Shri Madhav Azgaonkar , Shri Tejas Datta, Shri Ajay Pandey and Shri Lavu Panchal Music directors and team from Mumbai visited our Chetna Special School . They gave wonderful musical performances. Students enjoyed a lot with them. Felicitation program of the students was held who performed at various levels. Speeches delivered by the Guests and they encouraged our staff and committee members of the school for doing better job. Shri Tejas Datta gifted Musical instrument for our school.
28. 27/03/2017 – Gudi Padwa was celebrated by the Chetna Special School . It’s a sign of prosperity and good things to come. On this occasion, our school organized felicitation programme of Shri. Nilesh Cabral newly elected Curchorem MLA. In the beginning he worshiped the Gudi , then he delivered a beautiful speech. Some of our members felicitated him by giving Momento, Shawl and coconut.
29. 08/04/2017 – Easter day Celebration was held in the Chetna Special School. Easter is the celebration of Jesus Christ’s rising from the dead (His Resurrection). On Easter day celebration, teachers took workshop on Easter cards making and painting on the eggs shell.
30. 15/04/2017 Awareness programme – Chetna Special School organized awareness programme for regular Schools and Aganwadi Teachers to teach them How to recognize or to identify the special children. Mrs. Deepali Korde e Manerikar, a senior Special Educator was the Resource person of the day. Total 43 schools from Quepem and Sanguem Talukas had participated for this Awareness programme.
ANNUAL REPORT 2017-18
1. 21/06/2017 – International Yoga Day Chetna School observed International Yoga Day by organising a full-fledged yoga session for the students, staff, Parents & Members. All were part of this mass demonstration. Yoga Instructor from Art of Living Ponda Mrs. Felicia Fernandes & her team made aware of the relevance of the yoga in daily life. Different asanas were demonstrated under the guidance of yoga instructors.
2. 24/06/2017 – Sao Joao was celebrated by Chetna School. Sao Joao is the Feast of St. John, The Sao Joao celebrations begins by welcoming the guests Mr. Earl Braganza a business man of Curchorem , Mr. Tony Coutinho and Mr. Felix Fernandes councillors of Cuchorem Cacora Municipal Council. Hall was beautifully decorated on this occasion. Function was filled with music, dance, food, fruits and lot more. Teachers and students performed live song and dance of Sao Joao which was appreciated by the guests and all the people present.
3. 07/07/2017 – Eid Celebration was organized by Chetna School with great enthusiasm. Children came in white outfits suited for the occasions. Mr.Reyaz Shiledar Manager of HDFC Bank Curchorem branch and Shakeel, one of the famous Singers were the guests for the function . Mr. Shakeel presented a beautiful Qawali along with our students which was enjoyed by all.
4. 07/07/2017 – Van Mahotsav Chetna Special School celebrated Van Mahotsav with a massive awareness and planting Medicinal tree saplings. The chief guest for the celebration was Shri Dilip Naik, Teacher of New Educational Institute Curchorem. The guest highlighted the importance of plants and trees. Students, teachers and parents planted about 20 Medicinal tree saplings in the campus of new school under construction and sowed the seeds for organic vegetable garden.
5. 10/07/2017 – Curchorem MLA Shri Nilesh Cabral Birthday Every year Shri. Nilesh Cabral celebrated his birthday with the students of Chetna School. He celebrated his birthday with our students by distributing sweets & gifts. Students sang a birthday song and wished him happy birthday.
6. 27/07/2017 – Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam Birthday Former President of India, Dr. A. P. J. Abdul Kalam, popularly known as ‘The Missile Man’ had given Floral tribute by the students, staff and members.
7. 05/08/2017 – Friendship day was celebrated by the Chetna Special School. Students made Friendship Day Cards with the help of teachers to thank their friends for their wonderful presence in their world. Exchange of Friendship Bands was the other most prominent feature of Friendship Day celebrations.
8. 07/08/2017 – Raksha Bhandhan was celebrated by Chetna School. ‘Raksha Bandhan’ is a special occasion to celebrate the virtuous bond of love between a brother and a sister. To commemorate this festival, Rakhi Making Activity was organized for the students of all the classes with help of teachers thereby tying Rakhis to each other.
9. 07/08/2017 – Raksha Bandhan with Our Indian Army Celebrating this spirit of patriotism on Raksha Bandhan, students of Chetna Special School tied the sacred thread to army men at the Margao military camp. The camp was brimming with emotions as the students tied rakhis to the army men. On this occasion a song Vande Mataram performed by the students . Stn. Commander Col. Gurunam Sigh ji presented Gifts, Snacks and Sweets to Our Children.
10. 14/08/2017 – Gokul Ashtami celebration was held in the Chetna Special School. Janmashtami festival was celebrated with great zeal and pomp by the Student. Children came dressed in, as Krishna and Radha and other colorful outfits. The students presented `jhankis’ depicting events from Krishna’s life like ‘Krishna janam’, ‘Govardhan pooja’. Mr. Ashish Pilankar, Manager of Sesa Goa was the Chief Guest for the function.
11. 15/08/2017 – 70th Independence Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm and respect at Chetna Special School. The Chairman Mr. Nandesh Vasta welcomed the gathering and introduced the Chief Guest. To commemorate the sovereignty of our nation, the Chief Guest Mr. Subhash Naik Member of the Chetna Charitable Trust unfurled the tricolor flag and all in unison sang the National Anthem and expressed the joy of our freedom.
12. 15/08/2017 – Talk of Dr. Premanand Ramani Chetna Special School organized the talk of Dr. Premanand Ramani from Mumbai for College Students & Senior citizens held at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem .He is a famous neurosurgeon originally from Goa . He had given a wonderful talk on How to succeed in life in today’s generation for college students and General public.
13. 23/08/2017 – Ganesh Chaturthi Chetna School celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi with great pomp and gaiety. Ganesh Chaturthi is celebrated as the birthday of Lord Ganesha. The hall was beautifully decorated by the students and teachers. The Ganesh was placed in the beautifully decorated ‘Makar’. The session started with a traditional lamp lighting and powerful aarti was performed by the students, teachers and members. Prasad was served along with ‘Modak’ & ‘Nevryo’.
14. 05/09/2017 – Teachers day was celebrated by PTA committee of Chetna Special School with full of exciting programs and cultural events such as dance, song, drama, speech etc. PTA committee felicitated all the teachers by giving flower plant saplings. Inspiring speech was given by one of our students’ grandmother Mrs. Radha Desai.
15. 27/09/2017 – World Tourism Day Celebration on the Cruise Curchorem MLA and GTDC Chairman Mr. Nilesh Cabral gave us the opportunity to witness Santa Monica (Cruise) Ride at Panaji. Around 30 students along with the staff and the students from other special schools participated at World Tourism Day celebration which was organized by GTDC. Our students performed a dance as well song. Everyone enjoyed to the fullest. Snacks and return gifts were being distributed to all. It was a memorable event.
16. 28/09/2017 – Saraswati Pujan On the auspicious day of Saraswati Puja, the students and faculties and the management of Chetna school came together to seek the blessings of the goddess of knowledge. Dandiya, a traditional Indian folk dance and Fugdi, a local folk dance were performed by the students , staff and parents. Ending the event by serving prasad to everyone present.
17. 07/10/2017 Visit by team Umang Mr. Mangirish Salelkar founder of Umang software technologies Margao along with his team visited our school on the occasion of their 8th Anniversary . Introduction session was done first and thereafter students performed songs and danced with them. Everyone enjoyed the moment. They cut the cake along with our students and distributed sweets to them. Mr. Mangirish in his speech appreciated the efforts taken by the teachers and the members of the school and promised his continuous help and support. He also gave donation to the school.
18. 10/10/2017 Visit by the HR Manger and staff of Country Inn & Suites The much needed Music System was donated by Country Inn & Suites by Carlson under the CSR activity. The HR Manger Miss Joanah along with the few staff of the resort visited the school. They had also brought their bakery products like cookies and chocolates to all the students.
19. 12/10/2017 – Diwali Festival was celebrated in Chetna school by organising various cultural programmes and competitions such as Rangoli competition, Aakash Kandeel making, ‘Fati’ Making Competition, cooking Competition and other various events were organized for the students, teachers and parents and their active participation in these events made it more memorable. Shri Pramod Dessai Chief Officer of Curchorem Cacora Municipal Council and Shri Sudesh Bhise a Social worker were the guests for the function. Prize Distribution was done at the hands of the guests and members.
20 . 15/11/2017 – Children’s day Celebration Children’s day was celebrated with enthusiasm .It was a fun – filled day for students. The programme began with tributes to chacha Nehru by Shri. Nandesh Vasta Chairman and Shri Satish Lotlikar Manager of the school . Various games and activities were organized for students by the teachers . The Highest attendance , Best Behavior, Best singer, Best Dancer is awarded in this function . Teachers performed a beautiful dance .
21 . 18/11/2017 – Children’s day was Celebrated by Akhil Gomantakiya Daivadnya Brahmin Youth Association Margao – Goa in our school . They started the programme by drawing and painting activity for students. They supplied all the material required for drawing and painting . They decorated the school hall , after the drawing activity they served the refreshment to all . They arranged beautiful magic show and dance for the students. President Mr. Rohit Vernekar and other members of the association appreciated work of all the staff and members of the school . They distributed certificates and gifts to all the children’s.
22 . 30/11/2017 – 2nd All Goa Group Indian Folk Dance Competition 2017 – Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem in assistance with Chetna Education Society , on the occasion of World Disability Day organized 2nd All Goa Group Indian Folk Dance Competition 2017 for special schools. All together 10 special school were participated for this competition. To cheer up special children we have invited 3 regular schools students & they appreciated our special children. Guests for this function were Shri Nilesh Cabral MLA Curchorem & Shri Saiesh PaiPandikar Vice Chairman of Ravindra Bhavan Margao also appreciated the participants. We arrange for refreshment & lunch for the students. Ashadeep Vasco won 1st prize, LVP Mollem 2nd Prize and St. Xavier’s Academy Old Goa 3rd prize.
23 . 19/12/2017 – Goa Libration Day was celebrated by Chetna School .Flag Hosting , National Anthem was taken place by the hands of our guest Shri Sandesh Kakodkar ( a businessman ) . Speech was given by the school chairman. Chocolates were distributed to the students .
24 . 19/12/2017 – Annual Gathering was celebrated at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem. Many activities like Drama, Dhalo Dnace, Dance of sever section children with teachers, Teachers Dance, Song by Bhavika & Ramu on keyboard was the special performance. The chief guest for the event was shri Nilesh Cabral Curchorem MLA special invitees were present Mr. Pramod Powar renowned actor from Mumbai & Mr. Shashank Vaidya Architect from Mumbai, they gave tokens to our students and audience gave standing ovation to our kids.
25 . 22/12/2017 – Christmas Celebration was celebrated in school premises . Live crib of students with carols singing by students. Santa Clause dance to entertain all the students, distributed chocolates to all , All the students enjoyed games. Mr. Tony Coutinho & Mr. Atmananad Sawardekar were the special guests for the function.
26 . 31/12/2017 – New Year Celebration was organized at Kada Hall Curchorem . All the students, Parents, Management members, staff was present for the New Year party. Party was anchored by Mr. and he dressed like joker. He arranged different types of games for students, parents, staff and management. Sweet dish competition for staff was the main attraction of the function. Lunch was served to all.
27 . 17/01/2018 – Makar Sankranti celebrated on 17/01/2018 with the presence of all students, Teaching and Non teaching staff, Members of Chetna School and Parents. On this occasion sweet dish competition by using Til for parents. Kites were made by all the students with the help of their class teachers. Haldi Kumkum programme was done by distributing Tilgul, chane and ladoo.
28 . 21/01/2018 – Fashion show was organized by Anusha Shaikh a fashion designer in association with Chetna Education Society. The programme was held at Five Star Hotel ( The Zuri Varca) The chief guest for the function was Mr. Nilesh Cabral Curchorem constituency MLA. The students of our school given beautiful Ramp walk , and Ramp walk along with the celebrity Ms. Yuvika Chowdhari .
29 . 26/01/2018 – Republic Day was celebrated by Chetna School by inviting a special guest Shri Shekhar Alve person with visually impaired working in Neomi’s saloon Panaji Goa. Flag Hosting was done with the presence of Chairman and Treasurer of the school. After that talk was delivered by the guest. He gave some important points to our students and parents. He guide the parents on how to make their child a successful citizen of this country. He also told that they should motivate their child. He appreciated the work of the school management and staff. He also shared his problems faced by him in his life and also the happy movements of the life. Vote of thanks given by Shri Nandesh Vasta chairman of the school .
30 . 27/01/2018 – Inauguration of School Bus Sesa Goa Manager Mr. Coelho , CSR Manager Mr. Ashish Pilankar and Sarpanch Mr. Sandeep Pauskar visited our school. Warm wecome and introduction was given by Mr.Nandesh Vasta Chairman of the school. After the formal function Mr. Coelho and Mr. Sandeep Pauskar delivered a speech they told that they will help the school if company runs. They also promise to give transport facility for the school. On the same day guest Inaugurated school bus.
31. 27/02/2018 – Workshop on Gardening was organized by Chetna School for Academic class Mr. Sanjay Gaonkar was invited as a resource person to teach gardening . He taken a workshop how to plant vegetable seeds and he also told to plant vegetable seeds at home and advised to eat fresh vegetable.
32 . 03/03/2018 – Holi was celebrated by using Herbal colours. Drawing activities was taken by using balloon. Special balloon painting was done by bursting the balloons. Live Orchestra was organized by Academic class , Refreshment was given to all .
33 . 12/03/2018 – Woman’s day – On the occasion of woman’s day Chetna Education Society organized awareness programme to promote knowledge about good and bad touch. We invited Mrs. Pradhnya Marathe as a resource person. Awareness programme was highly benefited for the students, parents and teachers. She showed videos & PPT presentation . Vote of thanks given by Shri Nandesh Vasta chairman of the school.
34. 17/03/2018 – Workshop on how to prepare organic fertilizer at home organized by Chetna School Mr. Sanjay Gaonkar ( a Gardener ) invited to teach our student to make the organic fertilizer. Our school staff also participated in the workshop.
33. 19/03/2018 – Gudi Padwa was celebrated in our school. New year as per Hindu calendar. The school hall was decorated with small gudies. The guests for this function were Mrs. Usha Sardessai, Mr. Saish Panandikar & Mr. Dilip Prabhudessai, garlanded the Gudi. After that our students performed beautiful songs of Gudi padwa and wished happy new year to all. After that our chairman & school Incharge felicitate guests by giving flowers, tokens and small gudies made by the students. We also felicitate our students who won gold and silver medals in sports at state level. Mrs. Usha Sardessai delivered a small speech & she told that she is a part of the school and she promise that she will take all responsibilities of the school.
34 . 02/04/2018 – Easter day in school was celebrated on 2nd April 2018. The programme started with a warm welcome given by Tr. Utkarsha. All students, Teachers, Management & Chetna member were present. The teacher sang a hymn and performed an action song involving everyone. After that there were games held for academic class.
ANNUAL REPORT 2018-19
1. 15/06/2018 – Eid Celebration On Eid celebration programme our student Yakub Shaikh did the comparing. After welcoming programme started with the introduction of Eid by Tr. Shruti followed by the song sung by the student “ Mein bhi roja rakhunga” and kawali “ Khawaja mere Khawaja” and Eid Mubarak. Flowers presented to the Guests Mr. Riyaz Shaikh, Mr. Asif Hussain, Mr. Asad Hulla, Mr. Sarwar Alam Shaikh, & Mr. K.N. Shariff.
2. 21/06/2018 – International Yoga Day programme started by a prayer song sang by our student Vijaylaxmi Patil. She was the comparer of the programme, Welcomed all the Guests by presenting flowers and token of love, Mrs. Vinata Naik was the Guests for the day along with Two assistants. They conduct yoga class. Our yoga Teacher Mrs. Reema Kakodkar also present for this function. Our student performed some asana’s and the benefits of asana’s were told by our comparer. At the end Mrs. Vinata Naik delivered a speech on yoga, Our Chairman gave vote of thanks.
3. 26/06/2018 – Sao Joao was celebrated by Chetna School. Our student Muquit Shaikh was the comparer for the celebration. The function began with a warm welcome to everyone. The hall was decorated beautifully using different leaves. The programme began with a singing performance by teachers and the students danced along. Then there was teachers dance performance. Patoleo making activity was taken and completed by Vocational class students guided by teachers. Tr. Velany gave us some knowledge about Sao Joao. Everyone enjoyed, had the sweets and the programme ended successfully.
4. 25/07/2018 – Van Mahotsav Chetna Special School celebrated Van Mahotsav .The chief guest for the celebration was Shri Wilson Fernandes a Businessman and Social Worker ,we also invited Mrs. Leela Gaonkar a parent as a Guest . The guest highlighted the importance of plants and trees. One act on importance of trees was performed by the students. Tree plantation programme was taken place at New School ( Under construction) .
5. 06/08/2018 – Friendship day was celebrated by the Chetna Special School. Mr. Kapil Phate Chief Officer of Cacora Curchorem Muncipal Council was the Special Invitee for this programme. Members of the Management, Staff, Students and parents were present for this programme. Tr. Satiksha told story of Krishna and Sudama, Tr. Yulia spoke few words on Friendship Day. Students performed silent National Anthem, One Action song was performed by the students, Solo song by Bhavika and also one dance permorance by our students. Formal Function was taken place Guest spoke few words, prize distribution of wealth out of waste was done. Our School Manager gave vote of Thanks, and the programme was concluded with paper folding game and dance by all students.
6. 15/08/2018 – 71st Independence Day was celebrated with great enthusiasm and respect at Chetna Special School. The Chairman Mr. Nandesh Vasta welcomed all. To commemorate the sovereignty of our nation, Mrs Reema Kakodkar, Mr. Satish Lotlikar, Mr. Sandesh Kakodkar, Mr. Hanumant Vast, and Mr. Tukaram Naik Member of the Chetna Charitable Trust unfurled the tricolor flag and all sang the National Anthem and expressed the joy of our freedom. Some of our student gave speech on Independence day.
7. 22/08/2018 – Eid Celebration was celebrated at Sunni Jamia Masjid at Carriamoddi, few students along with teachers went in the Masjid to celebrate Eid, They distributed sweets to our children. Students saw the real celebration of Eid and they enjoyed. They wished all the people .
8. 25/08/2018– Raksha Bandhan was celebrated in our school premises we invited the students of Our Lady of Perpetual Succour Convent High School with their teachers Sister Adalyn and Sister Toynette. Programme started with warm welcoming, Importance of Raksha Bandhan was told by the teachers. Our teachers sang beautiful songs on Rakshabandhan, after that Rakhi tiding programme was started along with Convent School students they tied Rakhis, Arti Tali decoration and Sweet dish competition was organized.
9. 01/09/2018– Krishna Janmashtami was celebrated in our School, Mrs.Sonal Saglani member of the school was the Chief Guest for this programme, students sang song of Janmashtami, students also sang Aarti, Sir Pankaj Jog spoke few words on Janmashtami, Breaking of pot game was organized for the parents and at last breaking of Dahi Handi was done.
10. 03/09/2018– World Fashion Day Programme was organized by Miss Anusha Shaikh in our school along with her friends. Make over competition for boys and Hairstyle competition for girls. Paper dress making competition for teachers. There was ramp walk for students along with teachers everyone enjoyed the ramp walk. Prizes for all the competition given by Anusha Shaikh, at the end cake cutting programme was organized .
11. 05/09/2018– Teachers Day was celebrated in our school by P.T.A welcome speech delivered by P.T.A Chairman Mr.Tukaram Naik. Our students gave speech on teachers day some parents also gave some important on teachers day. Gifts were distributed to teachers and staff. P.T.A also organized some games for staff. Flowers were distributed to all the Members of School Management.
12. 11/09/2018– Ganesh Chaturthi Chetna School celebrated Ganesh Chaturthi. Beautifull decoration made by the students and teachers. The programme started by welcoming the Guest Mr. Ajay Karmali working in Barin welcome speech given by Tr. Rubiya Kakodkar. Mr. Keshav Naik introduced the Guests. We welcomed our guest by giving the Token of Love with Flowers. After formal function sir Pankaj Jog given some importance of Ganesh Chaturthi, after that Fugdi was performed by teachers and parents, Ganesh Pooja was taken place along with Aarti. Distributed Prasad and Modak to all.
13. 02/10/2018- Gandhi Jayanti was celebrated in Chetna School. Programme started at 9.30 am by warm welcome. Special invitee Mr. Vasant Sawant a writer and member of the Chetna Charitable Trust Curchorem & Mrs. Shilpa Naik choreographer were present for the programme. Garlanding the Gandhiji’s photo was taken place by the hands of guests. Our student Mast. Muquit Shaikh & Miss Vijaylaxmi Patil given speech on Gandhi Jayanti. After that small act out was played by our to gave massage of unity .
14. 05/10/2018 – General Awareness Programme to Identify special Children Chetna Education Society’s staff conducted General Awareness programme at Uguem Panchayat Sanguem Goa. The programme was started with the welcome of Panchayat members, Sarpanch of the Uguem Panchayat and local people. After that teachers of Chetna School gave information regarding the Myth, causes, prevention, why special school important, schemes provided by the Government to special children. The therapies require. After that PPT was shown regarding the therapies given in the our School. At the end vote of thanks was given by the Mr Nandesh Vasta chairman of the school.
15. 13/10/2018 – Awareness Programme on ADHD ( Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Chetna School organized awareness programme on ADHD for regular primary and secondary schools and Anganwadi from Quepem and Sanguem Taluka. Around 23 teachers were present for this programme. Resource person for this programme was Mrs. Rubiya R.S.Kakodkar and her team. Our teachers explain causes, prevention and therapies for ADHD children. Our teachers also told them how to identify the ADHD child . Slide show was organized. After that Feedback was taken some teachers asked some questions. They also requested our school teachers to visit their school and explain to some parents. Attendance certificate was given to all the teachers. Refreshment was given to all.
16. 16/10/2018 – Saraswati Pujan Programme was started at 9.00 a.m by welcoming all students, staff, parents & members of the school by the school Incharge Mrs. Rubiya R.S.Kakodkar. On this occasion different types of competitions were held like Garland making competition for the girl’s along with parents, Rangoli competition for Boys, and Coloring competition for lower ability students. Aarti Durge Durgat Bhari was sung by our students, Dance performance by our teachers. At the end prayer made by Sir Pankaj Jog and after that Prasad was distributed.
17. 01/11/2018 – Children’s day Chetna School celebrated Children’s day on 1st Nov because of Diwali vacation. Beautiful decoration was done by our teachers and staff in different style by making posters of Ice-cream, Ice –cream stall, pictures of chocolates, Flowers, Balloons & food court. We invited Mr. Bunty Udelkar programme organizer he entertain all the students and taken different types of games. Mr. Standly Fernandes were invited to show poppet show. After this teachers performed a dance. Distributed gifts and sweets to all the students. At the end of the programme gave refreshment to all.
18. 03/11/2018 – Diwali celebration Diwali was celebrated by our school by taking different types of competitions. Our students made Narkasur , competition like sweet dish making competition for parents. Competition Coloring of Lord Krishna picture for the students. Performed beautiful song by the Teachers. Refreshment was distributed . At the end our school Incharge Mrs. Rubiya R.S.Kakodkar wished Happy Diwali to all.
19. 30/11/2018 3rd All Goa Group Indian Folk Dance competition 2018 Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem in assistance with Chetna Education Society has organized 3rd all Goa Group Indian Folk dance competition for special schools children. 5 special schools from all Goa has participated in the competition and Keshav Seva Sadhana Bicholim won 1st Place, St. Xaviers Academy has won 2nd place and Lokvishwas Pratishthan’s special school Dhavali has won 3rd place. Our school has performed but not for the competition. Mr. Nilesh Cabral Power Minister of Goa was the Chief Guest and Mr. Felix Fernandes Chairperson of Cacora Municipal Council, Mr. Kapil Phadte Chief Officer of Cacora Munipal Council were the Guests for the function. Mr. Dnyneshwar Naik and Ladoo Parwar were the Judges of the programme. We also invited 3 regular schools as a audience .
20. 11/12/2018 – 17/12/2018 Exhibition cum sale at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem Chetna School was organized Exhibition cum sale at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem. Sankalp Theatre organizing Konkani Mohtsav for 8 days. So to exhibit our various items made by our vocational students we organized this exhibition cum sale on this occasion . Our students made different types of items like candles, Bangles, Neckleses, Envelops, Chocolates, Cakes, Pouches, Bags, stars, Lamps etc.
21. 19/12/2018 – 57th Goa Liberation Day was celebrated by Chetna School. Flag Hosting was done by our School chairman Shri. Nandesh Vasta. Our school Incharge Mrs. Rubiya Kakodkar given small speech. Distributed chocolates to all.
22. 19/12/2018 – Annual Gathering Chetna School Annual Gathering was held at Ravindra Bhavan Curchorem. All the students, parents, staff and members of the school were present for the annual gathering. All the students, Parents and staff performed the different types of dances. Chief Guest for this function was Shri Sanjay Mone Marathi T.V/ stage actor. Chief Guest given trophy’s to all the students.
23. 22/12/2018 – Christmas Day All the students, staff, parents and members of the school were present for the Christmas day celebration. School hall , X’mas tree was decorated beautifully. Our school Incharge welcomed all. Teacher Shruti told about the Christmas day. Games were organized for the students also given prizes who won the games. Carol singing and songs by teachers and students. Refreshment was given. At the end all wishes to each other Merry Christmas.